Sunday 30 September 2007

My Thoughts

Thanks to Dom and Joe for getting this idea off the ground. I must admit to feeling great relief when we met last week and had such an interesting idea to focus on. I cant say I have ever before been excited at the idea of doing anything that involved me being captured on film..... However, I enjoyed the process and the fact that it gave us an opportunity to get to know each other a bit better.

I attempted 5 interviews, 3 of which were prepared to talk and 2 that could not stop due to car park tickets expiring. First, a mid 20's man in a suit, second, a middle aged woman who was an ex-UCCA student, and third an elderly woman. All three were local residents, though not Farnham itself. All were very happy with the area, and considered the students to be welcome and to have a positive influence on the town. The young man and middle aged woman were happy to talk, although seemed a little uncomfortable with the camera, and the older woman was prepared to talk if we walked with her as she was trying to get back to her car...and her friend was anxious to keep moving.

I did not feel that people were reluctant to speak to me specifically, though the camera was a little off putting and it seemed that most people were busy and just did not want to be held up.

See you all tomorrow.

No comments: